Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Judge

I can only judge
By
What I’m shown
So please
Show me truth
Or
Be the best at lying!
Do your job well
So
I’ll have
Something to smile about!
Like a pig
Being lead to slaughter
Lead me with
Your best deception
Your finest performance
I do require a skilled liar
A skilled deceiver  
By this point
In my life
Because many
Have come before you
With
Tasty desserts of deceit
Lies of such
Mesmerizing beauty
Any truth at all
Was impossible to see!  
So today
Cut me down fast
With your finest words 
Like the sickle slicing
Grain in the fields
Or
The butcher draining
Blood from the lambs   
So
I’ll never know
What is really before me
Sing your lies and lullabies
Tale me your fairytales
Sale me your pipedreams
Show me your alibis
And
I will look blindly
Smiling at the Trojan horse
Before me
While your army
Of
True intentions
Waits quietly inside!

From my book, When The Cedars Shade Your Grave     

No comments:

Post a Comment