Friday, April 7, 2017

Monarch Butterfly


Monarch Butterfly

Maiden of beauty

Queen of flight

Your wings are

The color

Of

Tangerines

Dressed with spotted

Black dots

That smear together

As one

When you fly and flutter

About!

You seem like you

Maybe floating on

Something beautiful

Like the music of

Melody Gardot

Or possibly

Madeleine Peyroux?

Someone’s amazing music

Has to be lifting

Your wings upwards?

Floating on notes

And

Melodies

You have to be!

Your journey

To me

From

Across the sea

Is

One I hold dear

When I gaze upon you

Saying hello

Here and there

There and here

Throughout my day

Moving about

In my world

Braking the sunlight

Into

Segments of flashes

Like the end of a movie

On an old-style projector

When you and your kind

Swarm the sky above me

Oh

What a sight to see!


From my book, When The Cedars Shade Your Grave

No comments:

Post a Comment