Monday, May 8, 2017

Crosswalk


Waiting on the skate park
To dry
After
A long night of rain
Is a good time
To write!
Down time
Is
Write Time
Most times!
Opening my journal
My pen starts its flow
Of
Ink across the page
The familiar scratching
Of
Its tip is always
A welcome sound to me  
I saw a woman
This morning
Trying to cross
A busy six lane roadway
On my way to the park
She threw her hands up
In frustration
When she realized
She was stuck in the middle
Of
The road!
Standing on the small curb
Of
The median
She looked less than thrilled
I guess
The crosswalk
Would have taken
Too much time
To walk over to
Hell
I can’t blame her
Times ticking for all of us
Tick tock
Tick tock
The feeling of time
Running out
Is probably
Hardwired 
Somewhere deep
In our brains?
To look for shortcuts
In life
Can pay off
But sometimes
Shortcuts
Leave us stranded
In a place
We don’t want to be!
For
The thin slab of concrete
She was trapped upon
Can easily be
The unwanted job
The bad relationship
The wants
You really don’t need
So
Step true
Step with purposes
If not
Your steps
Can lead you to misery
Can lead you to being stuck
With nowhere to go
As life passes you by

No comments:

Post a Comment