Friday, November 21, 2014

His Feet


I gave my shoes to a homeless man

The other day

For I knew

I had another pair at home

And

He had no home

What covered his feet

Were not fit for wearing

Much less walking

I’ve seen the look in his eyes before

I understood his gaze

More than most ever will

For

The gaze of the hungry

Cuts through

All the red tape of humanity

Of the presentation from the presenters

That all is perfect in this world

Yet

All is not perfect

But if we help the ones less fortunate

Things will get better

We are all burning stars shackled to this place

At least

For the moment

So make the most and help another

For

We won’t be shackled forever

We will be burning bright someday

In the sky above


This poem is from my book : Petals Falling

No comments:

Post a Comment