Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tick Tock


Tick tock, tick tock

The clock’s hands sweep slowly again

I’m delirious from lack of sleep

Yet

I still have a full day of work ahead of me

My back is twisted from years of labor jobs

And childhood scoliosis

The pain’s unbearable at times

But somehow I bear it  

You see

Time is time

But when you’re on their time

Oh, does it drag with the utmost perfection  

And

When you want it to speed up

It slows even more

Barely moving at all

Tick tock is the sound of the clock

On the wall in front of me

And when you leave

When they’ve finally taken the last of your soul

Swallowed up your very existence

Like a snake unhinging its jaw 

They will fill the void with another

Desperate for a paycheck

And you will be nothing more to them

Than a fading memory

At least for a day


This poem is from my book : Petals Falling

No comments:

Post a Comment