Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Poem : The Long Drive

It seems getting to you is a journey all in itself
A journey on a blazing hot road
A road that leads out off the sands of a desert
Surrounded by dunes that can easy trap a man for eternity
With its slippery grains of time
But this road always leads me out
Leads me to freedom
Of the mind
Of the soul
As long as I keep driving
I will make my destination
Shooting for the stars
Never veering away
Never going off course
Just a moment of rolling into an endless sunset
Relaxed by the hum of the motor as it opens up
Calming me down from the chaos my life has become
From the storm that surrounds me
With its black and blue sky
Yet memories hold me together
As the still frames play over and over in my mind
The road seems to be growing longer and longer
Escalation and shifting through gears
Brings me closer, and closer to the end
And the end is always tomorrows beginnings
 
 


Published at Books On Blog Sep 17, 2011 From the Book of poems called : Don’t Get It Twisted
 

No comments:

Post a Comment