Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Poem : The River She’s A Callin’

The river’s twist and turns are always creating
Creating wonders of joy around each bend
Calling to me with a voice that knows no distance
For the river knows my body and sole yearns to return to its flow
A self sculpted beauty that I love with all of my heart
A place I find myself lost in while I’m riding it’s currents
While I’m gazing down stream to see movements of wonder
Perfectly smooth in all its perfection
Spilling over at times in the most beautiful way
To full for containment
For something so strong should never be contained or trapped by banks
By levees
By boundaries
By dams
Now finally I’m relived to be back on her water
I feel the wetness on my face and see the turbulence coming in waves
As I ride on this river I feel its true power
True strength
Looking just over the bow, I see rocks ahead
I must carefully make my way around the edge of them
To much of a touch and the boat could take on water
Two hands on the boat is the only way to steer
To stay in control
When the boat is rockin’ wildly you better hold on for life
Hands that navigate skillfully trough the tossing and turning
To move the small boat in just the right position
Making sure it finds its way home
For coming home is always the goal
 


Published at The Fringe August 26, 2011
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment